Songwriters on this page:
Where would we be without hired gun songwriters to give us those timeless, impersonal love songs that form the unwanted soundtrack to our
lives? This page only covers writers who aren't also producers, performers, or, well, artists.
The ultimate professional songwriter; if there's a horrible Hallmark Moment love song topping the charts, odds are it's one of hers. We've only listed songs for artists reviewed on the site;
there are plenty more where these came from. (DBW)
Enough trivia - give me some reviews.
- Aaliyah, "The One I Gave My Love To"
- Aerosmith, "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing"
- Mary J. Blige, "Give Me You"
- Toni Braxton, "Unbreak My Heart"
- Mariah Carey, "Can't Take That Away" (with Carey), "After Tonight" (with Carey and David Foster)
- Belinda Carlisle, "I Get Weak"
- Chicago, "I Don't Want To Live Without Your Love," "Look Away"
- Eric Clapton, "Blue Eyes Blue"
- Joe Cocker, "What Are You Doing With A Fool Like Me"
- The Commodores, "Lightin' Up The Night" (with Jeff Lorber)
- Celine Dion (four songs)
- En Vogue, "No Fool No More"
- Exposé, "Your Baby Never Looked Good In Blue"; Exposé (three songs)
- Roberta Flack, "Setting The Night To Music"
- Aretha Franklin and Elton John, "Through The Storm"
- For Real, "The Saddest Song I Ever Heard"
- Ginuwine, "Superhuman"
- Whitney Houston, "I Learned From The Best"; "I Didn't Know My Own Strength"
- The Jacksons, "Private Affair"
- Patti LaBelle, "If You Asked Me To"; When A Woman Loves
- Little Louie Vega & Marc Anthony, "Walk Away"
- Stephanie Mills, "Just You"
- Pointer Sisters, "Moonlight Dancing"
- Diana Ross, Every Day Is A New Day (two songs)
- Starship, "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now"
- Rod Stewart, "Faith Of My Heart"
- TLC, "Come On Down"
- Shanice Wilson, "Saving Forever For You"